No Limit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Impressions

3 posters

Go down

First Impressions Empty First Impressions

Post by Hammurabi Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:45 pm

This post contains my first impressions of our raids, and hopefully will answer some questions that have been asked. Firstly wednesday night we ran two 25man teams which i was very excited about but didn't quite work out as intended. So here it is in writing. Next week for the naxx / malygos farm raids we will do two BALANCED raids. Equal spread of talant and leadership so that both raids can conclude satisfactory and so people can have some FUN. Raid on thursday we can so close to +3 drakes i could almost taste it. Good progression from the prog team; bad luck to those who weren't selected. I myself was almost subbed out because we didn't require two prot warriors so the rules even extend to me in case you were worried Wink.

Some folks are worried about their raid spots. We've even had a few people leave the guild because they think that raid spots shouldn't be assigned by dps meters on patchwerk and i 100% agree. Its actually gotten to the point where people are e-peen staring at their meters because they think that will gain a raid spot which is halmful to the selection process and guild morale. Guild morale is suffering because people who haven't gotten a chance to strut their stuff as yet are feeling negatively about the merger. Again next week guys the farm raids will run alot more smooth and you'll all be able to show what you can do. We want to encourage friendly competition for raid spots but not at the point that people are at each other's throats screaming "that guys is so fail" so that they could get a spot.

And finally people need to stop thinking as this as being two guilds under the same roof. You're no longer an "Advent" member or a "WT" member. We're Avatar now guys. The other people are your guild mates. Treat each other with a bit of respect and try to get along, and try to get to know each other. I know from personal experience that WT used to be a guild of strangers but we built a relationship over time and the same thing needs to happen again. So try inviting a guild memeber you don't know to a heroic or just have a chat. Because the guild is here to stay, and we can make it work if people adjust their attitudes. If you set out to fail you're gaurnteed to do so, so a possitive attitude goes a long way.

AND DON'T FREAK OUT ABOUT YOUR RAIDSPOT. If you believe yourself good enough for a raid spot then you'll get your turn.

Hope this helps
- Hamm
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
Grunt
Grunt

Back to top Go down

First Impressions Empty Re: First Impressions

Post by Pandaren Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:23 pm

I completey agree with everything ham has to say - and kudos to him for posting it. i think there are currently certain people in the guild who are trying to make it fail beause they could have been seen to like being 'carried' through content, and trying to create guild drama for this reason is pretty bad in my books. i would ask everyone to try and do their best to help the guild out, i believe we have great potential to build a very strong player base and good community. stay cool dont rage out and take everything i say with a grain of salt. on another note par is obnoxious and dee is a goblin forum troll. Question

Pandaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dEE Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:36 pm

/shoo brutal baditator barflol

dEE
Grunt
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content